Are you a person who makes several transactions each day or every week? Are you unsure of the exact transaction that has led your account in deficits? We have a solution for this problem at absolutely no cost. It is a healthy practice to record transactions in a register and keep it handy so you can understand where you have saved money and transactions that incurred huge expenses. Sounds practical, right?
We have an excellent collection of templates that you can instantly use and turn your life productive.
Printable checkbook register templates
The key to achieve financial effectiveness is to maintain a register – an offline register or a manual register. The offline register also includes the usage of templates that you can download in your device and update on the go and print it so you can stick it in your table.
If you ask the need for this register, we have a solid answer.
- How do you maintain a record of the transactions when the bank’s website has a server issue?
- How do you check your transactions and records when there is a power outage?
- How do you refer to your transactions when you are away from home? Do you think you will log in and then check? That is a time-consuming process. Instead, keeping a printable checkbook register template handy in your wallet saves time and is worth the effort.
With these many benefits that a checkbook register offers to you, it is time that you use one of our printables.
You just need 6 main columns to complete your register – date, check number, transaction information, amount (debit/credit), balance. You can also create your own register but all that you need to ensure is the printability.
Check register with running balance templates
It is common to include the balance in your register. However, including running balance covers from pin to plane of all your accounting transactions. The key to maintaining such a register is to add the opening balance on the top. Accordingly, every transaction gets adjusted. This saves time and you get an idea on the balance in your account.
Use one of these templates and observe the ease in maintaining your accounts. This works well for multiple account holders and corporates as well. This is easy to use and can be introduced to the accounting department of your organization.
Check register with budget categories templates
Here comes a trick. Do you spend every day on food or travel? Then, you don’t have to repeat the purpose every time a transaction is made. Instead, you can simply choose the budget category. Include the common categories and also include an option for other/miscellaneous. Whenever a transaction that is unique is made, you can choose miscellaneous option and add the details of the transaction. This practice makes your accounting flexible and convenient to manage. This is an effective practice if you hold individual and corporate accounts.
Take a look at the templates mentioned below.
Student check register templates
There is no age limit to begin this productivity hack. If you are a student, you need directions to use these registers. Here are a few things that you should know.
- Understand the terms debit, credit, running balance and check number.
- If you do not have a real account, you can still download check registers meant for kids or students and then maintain the records of your transactions. Though they are less in number, this practice needs to be imbibed at an early age. This will pass on over the years.
- Stick the register to your study table so you keep a note of the transactions made and it is accessible to you.
We have templates for you in multiple formats. Start using and inform your friends to adapt to this practice.
Sample check register templates
We have discussed sufficiently about this practice and the usage of these templates. Still, we have samples for your reference so you understand the significance and use the register without any hassle.
There are certain tips to make effective use of these registers.
- Enter the transaction information timely before you forget the event.
- Begin with a simple register but progress to the register with running balance templates.
- Avoid rounding off the amounts as this habit can affect the calculation at a later stage and you may run in deficit.
- Go through the register at least once in a day and know the transactions made.
- Always have a backup of the register so you don’t lose hold of it.
With New Year about to kick off, let financial empowerment be your resolution and you can start with a simple checkbook register. In a few months, you can observe the ease added to your accounting process with our exclusive templates.