Multiplying income by investing in various sources is an area of interest for many of us. If you are an expert in guiding people to diversify the income, then this post is for you. We are quite certain that you entertain your clients to invest in stocks.
However, certain transactions do not provide certificates and you, as an advisor, should take a step on this subject. If you are concerned with this ongoing problem and looking to providing stock certificates, we have a readily available solution. Likewise, if you are a company providing stocks to the public, you should explore this article and apply takeaways for your stock management business.
Introducing the stock certificate, an authentic method to offer ownership to the stock buyers.
Professional Stock Certificate Templates Download
If you are creating a stock certificate template for your business, you have to include certain key elements and these are as follows.
- Organization details issuing stocks (including name, location, and contact information)
- Buyer Details (including name and contact details)
- Certificate number (this is a unique identifier)
- Number of stocks purchased in the stock certificate template
- Price at which the stock is purchased (Minimum price per stock)
- Type of stock purchased by the owner
- Issue date of the stock certificate template
- Legal terms and conditions applicable to the transaction in stock certificate template
When you create a certificate such as certificate of appreciation, design, layout, and the way to fill it out are vital factors. Maintaining an authentic and professional look in the certificate is critical. Not sure about the outlook? Here you go with printable templates.
1. Simple stock certificate template
If you are new to the idea of a free stock certificate, this template is the one, to begin with. Append the company information in the header area and include details of the shareholder. There are two authorized signature placeholders in the footer section and this is where the president and another dignitary of the firm should sign before use.
2. Authorized shares certificate
Here is a stock certificate template that may give the best outlook as well as contain the essential text to provide an authentic certificate to the shareholder. This includes essential elements like certificate number, number of shares, incorporation date, owner detail, stock worth, and signatures.
If at all the buyer is planning to sell at a later time, the certificates footer section has a dedicated placeholder to enable the transaction and govern credibility during the process. Once you add the logo and alter the color scheme, you are good to go with this certificate and use it just like an accounts payable check request form.
3. Portrait certificate
Some companies prefer presenting certificates in the portrait form. As mentioned earlier, the regular elements of the certificate are present. In addition to these, the document will contain the details of purchase so that it may be used legally to perform another transaction or request access to insider events as the shareholder of the firm.
Such standard stock certificate template are cherished by the shareholders and the company should use them and send progress reports explaining the performance of purchased stocks.
4. Certificate with multiple placeholders
To enable complete freedom to the user, this print stock certificate template gives the liberty with the inclusion of multiple placeholders to present details about the transaction. This will include key elements like certificate number, owner of the share, date of purchase, and other details that may be used for future reference. The best part about the free template is that you can easily customize on the go similar to Cost Benefit Analysis Template.
5. Sample stock certificate template
Here is a sample free stock certificate template that may be used for legal purposes for free. There are adequate placeholders to append purchaser information, witness details, transaction information, and value during transfer.
If at all the purchaser plans to transfer the share to another buyer, the same free stock certificate template may be used to print the new details.
6. Framed share certificate
Some investors tend to frame the certificate when the purchase volume is huge. At a later stage, the investor sells the shares to another person.
This happens when bulk purchases are done by commercial ventures to obtain a share in the happenings of the organization.
7. Share certificate with seal templates download
Every organization issuing stock certificate template needs to focus on authentic format. Here is a free template to print that allows the user to enter details of the transaction but strengthens credibility by including a seal at the footer space. You may also paste a hologram at the footer space and then send the corporate stock certificate templates to the buyer. This makes the transaction unique and trustworthy.
8. Legally binding stock certificate template
In most of the free templates certificates mentioned above, there are not enough references to the local law. This issue is broken by the following free template of certificates. It begins with the local law governing the transaction and acknowledging the purchase of shares. Subsequently, there is also a placeholder to highlight the actual share percentage as per the amount spent.
9. Brief share stock templates certificates
If you are looking to presenting crisp information about the share stock, you may have to use this free template. It includes just limited placeholders like presented from, presented to, the total number of allocated shares, and date of transaction. After the purchase is done, the stock detail can be added to the center area.
10. Printable share certificate templates
Here are free customizable yet printable certificate templates that can be used to issue to the shareholders of the business. There are limited placeholders such as certificate number, registered number, business security title, number of shares, signatures and witness information. The user can alter the look and feel based on the need and also enhance the authenticity further for free.
11. Corporate Stock certificate agreement
As a company issuing share, you can provide a stock certificate to the investor. This is meant to ensure a proper understanding of legal laws and obligations as an investor and as a business firm. For a first-time buyer, this is a highly appropriate as it gives them an overview of how the stock process works and the right methodology to transfer stocks going forward. Edit details wherever appropriate and you are good to go.
12. Physical stock certificate template
While several firms issue digital stock certificates, there are also investors asking for physical stock certificates. There are specific instructions listed in this free template to develop and issue physical stock certificates of business/company. The following free stock certificate also includes a format to follow as soon as the management has decided to issue physical versions.
What is a stock certificate?
A free stock certificate is supposed to be a legally binding document proving the ownership of a specific set of shares or stocks purchased from an organization. In general, when a person purchases stocks, the certificate is automatically sent to the purchaser and the initial public offering is announced to encourage more participants to purchase stocks of the company.
Every stock certificate should contain the president’s signature and the certificate should not be manipulated. Some organizations tend to issue more stocks but do not provide stock certificates. If your organization does this mistake, it is time to correct it and explore our range of free stock certificate templates of a company.
If you are still not convinced about the need for a stock certificate, here you go with reasons.
- The buyer needs proof of ownership to confirm the purchase and be officially declared the stockholder.
- The organization needs to give the buyer a piece of evidence to confirm that stock shares are issued. This is the intention behind the initial public offering.
- The piece of evidence states that the transfer has happened successfully.
What happens when you don’t issue stock certificate?
- The reputation of your firm is at stake.
- The stock value lowers when stock buyers do not show interest in purchasing your stocks.
- There is a likelihood to resell the same stocks multiple times without receiving appropriate authorization. This can result in legal consequences and unethical trading of stocks.
Things to consider in creating a stock certificate
Are you now clear about the vitality of a stock certificate? Let us look at things to consider while creating one for your business.
- The certificate should highlight the number of shares owned by a stockholder.
- The signature column in the stock certificate should be physical and not contain a digital signature.
- Whenever the stockholder loses the original copy, the organization needs to provide a new copy with the penalty.
- The stock certificate is not meant to acknowledge the purchase of shares each time. It is much ideal for first-time buyers of shares.
- The registered certificate provided by the company needs to be legally binding. Hence, it has to include desired terms and regulations from the legal perspective.
- Only stock purchases should be included in the certificate. Securities purchased are not included.
These are primary concepts about the way a stock certificate will work. In the next section, you may learn how to create one and alternatively, use readily available templates to quicken the job.
A shareholder plays a vital part of the firm as soon as stock is purchased. It is the stock certificate that gives further legitimacy and value to the shareholder. With a certificate in hand, it is also feasible to cash in as and when required. As you issue valid and authentic stock certificate to your buyers, you are just getting one step closer in building a sustainable future for your brand.
Take the genuine path and build your brand’s legacy today!